YOUR CHILDS DEVELOPMENT
This is a huge time in everyones lives. You will see the difference in how teenagers think, feel, and interact with others, and how their bodies grow. Girls tend to be quite physically developed and boys very close to completing puberty. it can be a time for issue about body size, or weight. it is the time they are getting their personality and everything is very influential to them. They will still hold friendships very close but may also start exploring who they really are and who they want to become. Often teenagers start working, and considering leaving home after school. Be very open with them about your life as a teenager and make sure they can trust you in confdience.
- enjoy romantic relationships and sexuality.
- step back from arguments with parents
- become independant from parents in many ways
- Show signs of greater caring in relationships.
- Really give time to friedns over family
- suffer depression or self-worth issues
Thinking and Learning
- have more strict habits.
- be more involved and caring about thier future plans
- explain their choices better
Ways to help your teenagers learning and development
- Talk with your teen about concerns and pay attention to any changes in attitude. brign up their emotional wellbeing and any concerns. Seek professional help if necessary.
- be involved and interested in their life and out of home and school activities
- volunteer with them in the community
- Celerate all accomplishments
- put time aside to do things you enjoy together
- alwys listen to them and take tehir input on board
- really encourage resiliance and problem solving in them
- Encourage responsible social media
- Respect your teen’s need for privacy.
- really guide them through paying attention to their body and sleep etc